Sunday, March 16, 2014

Custom Furniture At Target!! What?!!

Image via Target.com
Have I been living under a retail rock? I am generally on Target's website pretty much every day, and if I am not, I am in our neighborhood store. I was checking an order I placed just days ago and saw a sidebar that Target has custom furniture. After a few clicks, I found a whole assortment of furniture choices included accent chairs, benches, headboards, ottomans, love seats, settees, and arm chairs.

I always enjoyed that Target had brought in decorative furniture pieces in the last few years. Some of their former pieces were usually a little too modern for my tastes and the scale wasn't always right. Now they seem to have pieces for all tastes and decor and feature gorgeous patterns and fabrics to choose from. Sure, it's probably not "high-end" custom but they do seem to have quite a lot of fabrics to choose from.

The prices seem reasonable to other furniture companies. And the delivery times aren't very long at all. One day, I would love to furnish an entire house or apartment using Target and Target.com items only. I remember an Oprah episode where Nate Berkus did just that with pieces from Walmart. Now that would be quite a challenge!

Image via Target.com
After years of high end furniture, I vow never to spend that kind of money again. While it's very beautiful, no one knows or cares that your tush is on a Baker couch or a piece from Barbara Barry. At least I don't anymore! Tell me what you think of Target's new "custom" furniture options.

No comments:

Post a Comment