Saturday, August 17, 2013

Score At The Dollar Store

Have you been to your local dollar store lately? It's amazing. They sure have come a long way from their past look and feel. I still have friends and family who have not "warmed" up to the idea of the dollar store. I know, they vary from store to store and city to city. You just have to find the right one. The one in our coastal town carries the basic canned goods, home and cleaning supplies, paper goods etc., but it also carries fresh and frozen food including produce which leads me this post: I scored at the dollar store! Since we have been on a juicing kick lately, and there has been a professional set-back, I am always looking for ways to save money. All of the items and then some in the photo were purchased at the dollar store. These are all FRESH vegetables and fruit including pineapple, basil, dill, grapes, etc. I also comparative shop at my local market and found the same items priced at least 3 to 4 times higher. I got whole pineapples for .99 whereas at my local market, they were 3.99! Even a whole watermelon was .99. Crazy!
The Score at the Dollar Store

We go through ALOT of produce so tossing this stuff out and wasting it is highly unlikely. It's all fresh, blemish free and appears to be of first quality. So, the next time you are looking to save a little, check out your local dollar store. The best is to call the store directly and ask what their delivery days are so you know you are getting the freshest items. When I went, there were actually people waiting for the store to open at 8am. We've all become "savings buddies".

No comments:

Post a Comment