Tuesday, August 20, 2013

In A Bit Of A Pickle

In a pickle!
I'm one of those moms who is really not creative in that if I were to post something that I found on a blog or Pinterest, it would look like the "before" picture. Ask me to whip up a gourmet lunch or dinner, I can do that! But to make chevron chalkboard walls or tissue paper pom poms, I'm out. So, the other day through of of my blog feeds StoneGable, I received this great pickle recipe.

I had just gone to the .99 Store and scored some great mini/smaller size cucumbers in a handy, dandy carrying bag and tons of fresh produce I wrote about here. These are almost a snack sized cucumber. So, I went and got a few ingredients; vinegar, pickling salt, jars, and dill seed. I had already gotten the cucumbers and fresh dill (also .99).

After carefully reading the recipe, I started the process. It was simple enough. I made a little extra brining solution to cover small Ball pint wide mouth jars. They looked good! Try for yourself. It was rather easy for a Challenge like me.

Update: I did not wait 24 hours to try these...I waited more like 5. They were delish! I am going to have to make more and share them! Can't wait to see what they taste like tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment