Sunday, September 22, 2013

Falling For the First Day of Fall

Fall leaves via Sheknows.com
My has this year flown! I can't believe today is the first day of fall. It reminds me of an episode of Sex in the City where Carrie wakes up and takes a blanket out of her armoire for the first time she says, "Even before the first leaf falls, you can feel the seasons click. The air is crisp, the summer is gone." There is a definite chill in the air on the Left Coast. We've switched from our cotton blanket to a loftier one with a duvet. I love getting in bed this time of year where there sheets have that bit of chill to them but you are cozy in a cocoon with your blanket...and loved one!

It will be a few more weeks before our leaves start to fall or even change color. I try and notice when they do because I know winter is just around the corner. Not drifts of snow winter but grey days and rain. Not that I am complaining but as a girl who grew up in the Midwest, the change of leaves to the first fall of snow is always something I miss. As for wardrobe, I try not to shock my system by packing away shorts and t-shirts right away. I try and linger with them a little longer before it becomes "pants weather". Today while in Target, I even noticed some really cute ankle boots I might try. And why not? They are BOGO half off! I mean, what better way to start the season with a fresh new pair of boots and a great value "to boot!" I also bought these darling jeggings from Old Navy in dark denim  and black. They are a nice departure from the skinny jean trend but not as "pajama-y" as cotton leggings. I pair them with a tunic-style top or blouse and a statement necklace or bracelet. If I get around to it, I'll post a pick or link it back to the item.

Image via Starbucks.com
Today I also started out my day with a Grande Pumpkin Latte from Starbucks. Again, this seasonal drink came out a few weeks ago but here on the Coast, it felt strange ordering something with pumpkin and spice. I felt that we were rushing the season and all its good offerings. My go-to drink is a Vente Iced Caramel Coffee with Cream. MMmmmm. I think caramel is a year-round thing even iced.

How will you be welcoming fall where you live? A cozy sweater? A favorite hot drink? A drive to see the colors? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment