Friday, September 6, 2013

The Wreath of Mom

Back to School? NOPE. Not yet. We have another couple of days before Big and Little Challenges head off to 8th and 5th grade. It's almost like spring cleaning here at the house...going through old school supplies, clothes, backpacks, and finding out what we need. I know what I need, a vacation from my vacation. This must have been the longest summer yet. I think the Challenges are ready to go back, too. Big Challenge had orientation where he received his class schedule and books. He was rather excited to see some of his friends he hadn't seen all summer. There is a light at the end of the tunnel.
Welcome them Back to School

So, if you are like me, you probably aren't too crafty and feign at the site of a Michael's Store. This Pinterest thing has got it going on. I get to live vicariously through all these crafty people because I know better not to get involved with Washi tape, glue guns, scrap-booking, Modge Podge or anything else that yields poor results in my house. I am more of the "Oh, you have a science project due tomorrow and it's 11pm. Well, let's see what crap we have lying around!"

I found this wreath initially on Pinterest and thought I could give it a try. You see, I have this think where I change my door wreath depending on the month or season. I've got them all...yarn wreaths, clover wreaths, rubber flip flop wreaths, baseball wreath, shell wreath, etc. So, for back to school, I decided to make this crayon wreath. I used a flat particle board wreath/circle then hot glued about a box of crayons (the classy 64 count) onto the board. I found the bus and apple decor at Michael's near their wooden crafts section. They were about $1.50 a piece. The bow, well, I am too dumb to figure that out, so I bought a pre-made bow found in another aisle. (Don't forget to use a coupon (printed or Smartphone) to save a little bit more. I think I got away with maybe $7 for this craft wreath. This would probably make a cute teacher gift as well. Give it a try and tell me how you did.

So, if you are a mom like me or want to try something new, try making this project. Hmm, I wonder what Wreath Witherspoon would do?

No comments:

Post a Comment